In RB Engineering we offer services that go form the starting surveys in a project like topography, geology, hidrology, geotechnics, passing to the architectonical design, electric and hydraulic installations all the way to the structural design. It can be done in individual tasks in all of the previously mention areas of as a whole, in a complete executive project form a simple house to an industrial plant.
- Static and dynamic.
Structural design; residential, commercial and industrial (concrete and steel).
Deep foundations analysis and design (Piles, piers)
Soil retaining structures. (Retaining walls, steel piles, diaphragm walls).
Design of atmospheric and pressure vessels, pipes and stress analysis.
RB Eng. use software like STAAD-Pro, Staad Foundation, RISA, LPile, and SoftDEC (Software for the design of concrete structures developed by ECC) to make all the analysis and designs.
All designs are performed in accordance with ACI, AISC, IMCA, AASHTO, MBMA, UBC, IBC, FHWA, NHI, API, ASME and RCDF (Construction Code Mexico City), or in accordance to any special specifications of the client.
Members of the ACI Mexico Chapter, SMIE (Mexican Society of Structural Engineering) and the Structural Engineering Institute of the ASCE.
- Surface geology.
- Photo interpretation.
- Vertical electrical sounding.
- Standard penetration tests (SPT – ASTM D 1586).
- Mixed boring holes (Combining SPT with undisturbed soils samples (Shellby tubes)
- Permeability tests.
- Plate load tests (ASTM D1195).
- Laboratory soil analysis (Index properties).
- Unconfined Compressive Strength test (ASTM D2166).
- Undrained Direct Simple Shear test (ASTM D6528).
- Triaxial Compression Test UU (ASTM D2850).
- One-Dimensional Consolidation test (ASTM D2435).
- Bearing capacity.
- Geotechnical design of shallow and deep foundations.
- Geotechnical design of soil retaining structures.
- Diseño geotécnico de estructuras de retención.
- Slope stability.
- Soil improvement technics.
- Excavation procedure design.
RB Eng. has all the necessary equipment to perform all the tests needed in a geotechnical investigation, and all the tests are performed in accordance to SCT, ASTM and AASHTO Standards.
Member of the Mexican Society of Geotechnical Engineering and the Geo Institute of the ASCE.
Quality Control of Materials.
- Disturbed and undisturbed soil samples.
- Quality analysis of materials for hydraulic concrete.
- Quality analysis of materials for asphalt concrete.
- Quality analysis of materials for backfills and pavement structures.
- Field compaction (density) tests. (ASTM D 1556).
- Laboratory compaction (density) tests. (Proctro y Porter – ASTM D 698 – 12e).
- CBR tests (ASTM D 1883).
- Concrete slump test (ASTM C 143).
- Field sampling of concrete cylinders and compression testing (ASTM C 31 and C 39).
- Field sampling and testing of concrete beams (ASTM C 1609).
- Obtaining and Testing Drilled Cores of Concrete (ASTM C 42).
- Tensil and compressive test of concrete blocks (ASTM C 55 – 14a).
- Tensil and compressive test of soil bricks (ASTM C62 – 13A).
- Concrete test hammer (ASTM C 805).
- Rebar detection with pachometer (Non destructive).
- Asphalt content in asphalt mixtures – rotarex. (ASTM D 2172)
- Marshall stability and flow of asphalt mixtures (ASTM D 6927).
- Field compaction (density) test in asphaltic pavements.
- Bull specific gravity of compacted asphalt mixtures (AASHTO T166).
RB Eng. has a materials testing laboratory with all the necessary equipment to perform all the tests needed to obtain the quality of the different materials used in civil engineering constructions.
All the tests are made in accordance to ASTM, AASHTO and SCT (for Mexico) Standards.
Member of the ACI Mexico.
- Architectural design
- Hydraulic installation projects.
- Sanitary installation projects.
- Electricity installation projects.
- Voice and data installation projects.
- Drafting in AutoCad, ArchiCad, Atlantis.
- Physical and virtual models.
Topography (Land survey).
- Land survey – Altimetry and planimetry.
- Architectonical survey.
- Site Planning
- Development Plans
- Hydrology and flood studies.
All of work is done with electronic topographic equipment, total station theodolite, laser distance measurement equipment and GPS equipment. All of them properly calibrated.
RB Engineering in association with the Colegio Mexicano de Ingenieros y Arquitectos and the Universidad del Noreste is offering in 2017 10 continuing education seminars from several engineer and architectural subjects. 10 of the seminars will be face to face and 2 will be on line (Live webinar), these ones will be taking place in the second semester of 2017.
All of the participants in the seminars will receive a continuing education certificate given by the Colegio Mexicano de Ingenieros y Arquitectos and the Universidad del Noreste.
For more information visit: www.cmia.org.mx/educacion_continua, or call by phone to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.